“ENHANCING TRANSPARENCY AND PROMOTING A PARTICIPATORY DECISION-MAKING PROCESS IN THE LOCAL GOVERNANCE IN ALBANIA”
The main goal of this project is to contribute in increasing transparency and promoting a participatory decision-making process in local governance in Albania, with a special focus on the work of municipalities and municipality councils as the most important decision-makers in local government.
a) Enhancing transparency of the activity of Municipalities and Municipality Councils in five local governance units targeted by this initiative.
b) Increasing the citizens` awareness on the importance of transparency and a participatory decision-making process.
1. Conducting an analysis of the legislation on local government and creating indicators for evaluating the performance of local governance units.
2. Signing Memorandum of Understandings with the targeted municipalities for increasing the collaboration during this project.
3. Monitoring the activity of the municipalities and their work for informing the public.
4. Monitoring the public announcements and the procedures of the meetings held by the Municipality Councils.
5. Monitoring the process of disclosing and publishing the decisions of the meetings for the citizens.
6. Publishing in a special website the data analyzed during the monitoring process for each local governance unit.
7. Informing the stakeholders and the citizens on the results of monitoring through periodic reports.
8. Drafting a final publication with analyses and recommendations for enhancing transparency in local governance.
9. Organizing a large public conference with evaluation and experiences from the project, results of monitoring transparency and recommendations for a participatory decision-making process of local government.